Six years ago today was the greatest day of my life. I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
So many amazing things have happened since that day. Too many things to count.
I met the most amazing young men that changed my life forever and became my lifelong friends! Drew Nuckolls & Cory McArthur, Paul Shaw, and Tysen Ransom just to name a few. There were many others that were instrumental in my joining but these guys were amazing! I mean, thanks to them I am the luckiest girl in the world.
Today I text messaged the Elder that baptized me. I said "6 years ago today, you dunked me in the water. I just wanted to say Thanks and I miss you!" He replied, "6 years ago today you made my mission all worth it. And meeting you and getting the awesome chance to do that will always be a big part of my testimony. So I want to thank you for that. I love you."
It means so much to me that we still keep in contact. Sometimes some missionaries can make investigaters of the church feel like just another number. But from the time I met my special Elders, they've treated me like a friend and I will always always have love each of them!
Some people may not understand how grateful I am for the gospel in my life. I'm not only grateful to finally have what I believe to be the absolute truth, but I am grateful for the amazing people it has led me to know and love.
Because of the Church, I met my amazing husband Jon which led me to all of my amazing in-laws. I seriously have the most awesome set of in-laws of all time! Jon's parents and siblings (and their spouses & kids) are the best. So caring, loving, and compassionate. And I have the two cutest, smartest babies of all time. I'm truly blessed beyond belief!
I remember after I was baptized, I looked at myself in the mirror dripping wet. It was the day before my 18th birthday. I thought, "This is it Patty. This is true happiness" I felt so new and clean, and I felt such a glow around me. It is a day I will never forget and a without that one day, my life would have been completely different.
Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment