Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just a typical day

I'm sure every other Mother that reads this will just be shaking her head in agreement, remembering a similar day they've had.  But today is one for the record books, and it's not even noon.

It all started yesterday.  I had a wee mental breakdown when a gia-mondo coke was spilled onto the living room floor, after it was all I had wanted all day long.  While cleaning it up, I put Sienna in her bumbo, which she rocket launched herself out of and ended up doing the dog down yoga position with no hands. Paxton got scared that sister was the the floor and began crying as well.  I just couldn't deal with it  anymore and broke into tears. 

Needless  to say, I didn't have a  great day.   So later that night, I decided to go to bed a little earlier than usual.  I planned to get Pax in bed by 1030 and Sienna in bed by 11... which actually happened! I was going to bed, going to get up at 530 or 6am to work out, do some housework, read some scriptures.   On my way back to bed, Pax starts screaming.  I walk into the room, he's sleeping on the floor having some sort of night terror (thanks Dad for passing those along).  After calming him down, and bringing him into the living room to cuddle he proceeds to hock up a giant ball of mucas. On me. Awesome.

After getting that cleaned up and Pax back into bed, I slept on the floor in his room until about 130am.  I went back to my bed, got woken up at 330am by a hungry baby, went back to bed, got woken up at 500 by a hungry baby, who didn't want to go back to sleep.  Then a little boy walks into my room exclaiming "Wet! Wet!"  I walk into his room to see his bed completely SOAKED.  While trying to change the sheets, the PJs and the diapers... Sienna was screeching and Jon was yelling about it. 

Oh motherhood... you are such a teeter-totter.  Just needed to vent a little. K bye.

1 comment:

  1. oh Patty, so this is what I have to look forward to? haha oddly enough I'm a little excited about it :o)

    ReplyDelete