Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Weekly Pregnancy Update!

I had my 37 week appointment today and it did NOT go well.  Protein showed up right away, my blood pressure was high and I'm dilated about 2 cm.  The doctor sent me over to Labor and Delivery for monitoring AGAIN.  So we made the trip over to Southview L&D Testing.  They took a urine sample, and a few blood samples and monitored me and the baby. 

Baby looks great, her heart rate is perfect.  My BP at the hospital was a lot better, but my heart rate was really high.  I was having contractions about 5-7 minutes apart, but they weren't serious enough to admit me... the nurse said they were still Braxton Hicks and my slight dehydration could be causing them too.  Blood tests and urine tests were okay enough for me to be discharged, and I have to complete yet another 24 hour urine culture.

And the real kicker is, I have to be on BED REST until my  next appointment on the 28th per Doctor's orders.  I asked the nurse if it was complete 100% bed rest and she told me "Yeah, after a few hours of resting if you want to walk around a little that would be okay... but you need to be off your feet and not doing a whole lot until your appointment next week."

So I'm glad I got to go walk around the mall for the last time until after I recover from having the baby. I felt pretty good all day yesterday, so I did way too much which is probably why I'm now on bed rest. 

That's the update for this week... I'll pretty much be at home from now until Tuesday.  I do have permission to take my culture to the lab tomorrow, and I'm still going to my family Christmas on Saturday evening. That might sound like a bad idea but I'm definitely not making ANYTHING as far as the menu goes, there are going to be more than enough people to take care of Paxton and my sister's couch is unbelievably comfortable :)  I'm probably going to skip family church on Sunday, but will go to the McDonald Family Christmas... I'll just have to make sure I claim an entire couch to myself! But there will be a Nurse and Doctor there so I should be safe!  That is, if I don't go into labor before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment