For those of you who haven't gotten the memo, Jon FINALLY landed a job at Kindred Health Care. He was offerend the job in early March and will begin orientation April 11th!
For both of us, that day cannot come soon enough. Let's preface this blog entry, shall we? Just to prevent the gasps of awe and open-mouth shocking faces... I love my husband and he loves me. We chose to be together and we love spending time together (most of the time) and I cannot imagine living my life without him. With that said, and out of the way I can get down to a little venting and some bragging.
Jon and I have spent November, December, January, February, March and the beginning of April togther. Yes folks, that is approximately 162 days togther. That is a little over 3800 hours of pure togetherness. Five. Whole. Months. and then some. For us, this is the greatest accomplishment we will ever achieve. Not only was I a pregnant, hormonal, evil mess for a majority of the time, I was WINTER which means we were pretty much confined to our humble home unless we wanted to risk frost-bite (which, we contemplated in our mind a few times.)
Anyone who is thinking, "Eh I could do that." Please, think back to the last time you were with your spouse for more than 48 hours STRAIGHT and not relaxing on a beach somewhere. Not a pretty memory is it? I am absolutely sure this amount of time we spent together should be put into some sort of record book.
Okay, now I'm going to brag a little bit. During this time frame, we went through a gradutation, had an amazing baby girl named Sienna, Sienna ended up in the Hospital for 4 days with RSV, Jon's Dad broke his back, Jon's Mom busted her knee, Paxton fell and got stitches, my Mom messed up her shoulder, Paxton fell and almost broke his hand, termites reared their ugly heads again and today my Dad found out he has pre-diabetes. Our families were Jobbed a little bit, and we still made it out alive.
With that said... Jonny, I am so proud of you for trucking through Nursing school and landing a sweet gig as an LTAC nurse. It will be more than enough to provide for our little growing family and I couldn't ask for more!
And when you are gone at work, I shall be doing my best to do dishes, laundry, cleaning, dusting, crafting, mothering and baking you amazing cookies&cupcakes. Oh, and trying to lose weight and become the hot smoking wife you see in me everyday. BOOM ROASTED.
Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment